For the 2018 season, all sanction applications must be made online via the Player Transfer System (PTS). This will see clubs in North America initiate the sanction process in a similar process as to how online transfer operate.
This process must be initiated by the club in USGAA/Canada/New York that the player wishes to play with.
Players who are intending to play in these jurisdictions in Summer 2018 should:
1. Contact the club secretary of the club they intend to play with in USGAA/Canada/New York.
2. If the club in USGAA/Canada/New York would like to initiate a sanction application for the player, the player should purchase suitable travel insurance.
The only currently acceptable insurances are those provided by Chubb (available via the link below on gaa.ie) and USIT(MAPFRE - which must include confirmation of an upgrade from the standard cover of "Hazardous Activities Grade 1": to include "Hazardous Activities: Grade 5").
Please note Travel insurance must be purchased before the player leaves Ireland - Further details below.
3. The player should supply their e-mail address to the club secretary of the club they wish to play in USGAA/Canada/New York.
4. Complete the application form online via a link which will be received by the player via e-mail from the PTS once an application has been initiated by the club secretary in USGAA/Canada/New York via the Sanctions tab. Players must upload proof of their travel insurance information when completing the application form or the application will not be processed. In addition, players applying for a J1 Sanction must also provide proof of their J1 Visa (a copy of the J1 Visa will suffice)
5. Once the form has been completed, the club secretary of the club they wish to play in USGAA/Canada/New York will review the details and if appropriate submit the application to Croke Park for processing.
6. Croke Park will then process the application if all information has been provided. The club and county in Ireland will then receive an e-mail notification that the application requires their approval and will be invited to approve or reject the application.
7. Once all parties have approved the application, the sanction will be granted by Croke Park. An e-mail notification will advise all parties, including the player, that the sanction has now been granted.
8. The USGAA/Canada/New York may have additional requirements with regard to registration in advance of a player being eligible to play in a fixture. Players are advised to confirm they have been registered with the club secretary in USGAA/Canada/New York prior to participating in a fixture.
For further information see - http://www.gaa.ie/the-gaa/rules-regulations/overseas-sanctions
See attached Document below for further information on Insurances: